DIAMOND CLEAN ROOMS
Their thorough and professional housekeeping team cleans and sanitises guestrooms every step of the way, working from the inside-out, with advanced grade disinfectant products that eliminate emerging viral pathogens. This protocol ensures the thorough sanitation of all guest touchpoints in rooms:
- To provide maximum flexibility, guests can select the desired time for their daily guestroom cleaning. This selection can be made upon check-in, based on availability.
- All high-touch surfaces are disinfected: remote controls, doorknobs, hairdryers, closet doors and drawers, temperature control thermostats, lamps, light switches, telephones, toilet flush handles, and water faucet handles
- All hard surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
- Linens, including bed sheets, duvets, blankets, pillows, towels, housecoats, and slippers are washed in high-temperature washing machines with detergent to eliminate all bacteria and viruses
- Fabrics that cannot be placed in the washing machine, such as couch cushions and carpets, are thoroughly disinfected using a sanitation spray
- All non-essential amenities in guestrooms are removed to minimize potential areas of infection: decorative pillows, magazines, bed throws, notepads, pens
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection procedures for air conditioning systems
- Extra pillows and blankets in guest room closets have been removed and are available upon request
- New menu on the in-room TV includes health and prevention measures, special messages, and safety guidelines for guests
Additional Preventive Measures
- Housekeeping team is fully equipped with PPE
- New housekeeping protocols have been implemented to minimise employee interactions with guests inside the room, including servicing rooms while guests are not present
- Upon guest check-out, rooms are deep cleaned and sanitised. Due to the strength of the chemical products used to sanitise rooms, the minimum time before another guest can check into a room is 24 hours after cleaning
Updated Room Service Process
- Process has been revised to ensure safe contactless delivery. Room service items will now be delivered to rooms in a bag placed outside the door. Once placed, the guest will be notified of delivery.
- They have changed the process to replenish mini-fridges and other items in guestrooms to limit additional entry
- Bio-degradable disposable cups, glassware, plate ware, and cutlery are provided with room service orders
ADVANCED DINING SAFETY
To ensure the well-being of our guests while enjoying our bars and restaurants, they have put in place the following measures:
- Restaurant and bar staff members wearing PPE during service
- Restaurant and bar capacities have been reduced to maintain physical distancing of two meters
- Restaurant hosts provide hand sanitiser to guests at the entrance and exit of each restaurant
- Tables, chairs and service stations are cleaned with a detergent solution and sanitiser after every use
- All unnecessary items on tables have been removed to avoid cross contamination and are available upon request
- Employees wash or sanitise their hands when switching from clearing tables to setting tables
- Food stations on the buffet lines now have plexiglass guards
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are available at each primary station on the buffet
- Buffets will no longer offer self-service, instead, we have improved our show cooking stations and implemented assisted serving
- Cookies and pastries are individually packaged, and fruit is offered as a whole
- Pool bars equipped with signage and supervision to ensure a safe environment is maintained
- All bottles, bar equipment, beer taps and soda dispensers are sanitised regularly
- Porters and cocktail servers wash or sanitise their hands after picking up used glasses and dishes
FAMILY AND WELL-BEING FIRST
The team’s top priority is creating a safe environment where guests can enjoy their days and nights in paradise. To make this happen, they have introduced the following measures:
- All entertainment staff, fitness instructors and spa therapists wear PPE
- All door handles and high-touch surfaces frequently cleaned and sanitised
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance of the spa, fitness centres, kid’s clubs and theatre
- Guest capacity of all indoor facilities have been reduced and will be closely monitored
- Activities with body contact, including football, soccer, volleyball, etc. will be suspended until further notice
Theatre and Entertainment Venues
- To ensure physical distancing, our staff members will kindly assign seating to guests respecting safe distances
- Theatre seating and public areas will be sanitised at the end of each performance
Kids Club and Teens Club
- Their superior cleaning and disinfection programme for kids and teen clubs’ facilities and equipment have been established to ensure that kids can continue to play and discover under their care while parents relax knowing they are in good hands.
- Social distancing measures are in effect to ensure a safe environment
KEEP FIT, KEEP WELL
Gym and fitness centre
- Fitness centre equipment is sanitised between each use
- Multi-use fitness areas are disinfected regularly throughout the day
- Physical distancing measures have been implemented and are enforced in the gym facilities
- Hand sanitising gel is provided to each guest at the spa reception
- Spa equipment and facilities are sanitized before and after each use
- Steam rooms and saunas will remain closed until further notice and Jacuzzis have reduced capacities
- Water therapy pools and hot tubs are tested three times a day and treated daily
- As precautionary measures, guests’ temperatures are checked, and they will be required to complete a health declaration form prior to treatment
- Therapists practice thorough self-hygiene by washing their hands frequently and between treating clients
- All high-contact areas are sanitised regularly throughout the day and lockers will be sanitised between uses
POOLS AND BEACHES
Guests can continue to enjoy the sun of the Caribbean with safety-assured with the implementation of the below measures:
- Pool and beach lounge chairs have been separated according to physical distancing guidelines
- Safety-Assurance team members ensure the frequent sanitation of the pool and beach areas
- Pool and beach chairs are sanitised every morning before use, and again between guests
- Chaise lounge chairs are sanitised every morning and after each use
- Cabanas are sanitised after each use and pressure-washed each night
- Pool decks are sanitised daily
- Towel desk, entry kiosks and all other desks and counters are sanitised at least once per hour
- Lifeguard stands are sanitised upon rotation
- Monitoring of fountain, pool, and jacuzzi chlorination levels
- Pool and beach butlers provide sanitising gel to guests before handling beverages
The resorts’ common areas are sanitised with a 360° Clean Approach. All shared spaces around the resort will be frequently cleaned using hospital grade disinfectant and sanitiser to give guests peace of mind as they enjoy the grounds at their leisure.
They promote and enforce physical distancing between guests and employees through different measures including, floor markers, signage and informative messages displayed throughout common areas. All enclosed facilities such as elevators, restaurants, bars and gyms have a strict guest capacity to prevent overcrowding.
- To ensure a safe environment, we have also implemented the following protective measures:
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout our resorts to encourage guests to sanitise their hands regularly
- Their properties include 24/7 medical assistance with an onsite doctor (charges apply)
- Employees are trained to follow the approved protocol of identifying and/or responding to any presumed cases of the virus or any other illnesses. Staff is ready to assist all guests to ensure they receive the appropriate medical assistance as needed
SAFETY ASSURANCE TEAM
Following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organisation (WHO) and local ministries, a Safety-Assurance Team is in position to certify strict adherence to all guidelines to protect guests and employees alike.
STAFF CARE, TRAINING AND AWARENESS
Their employees uphold the highest standards of health and safety. From continued enforcement of basic hygiene practices to implementing new and updated protocols to protect guests from harmful pathogens and germs, our hotel employees are trained and empowered to keep safe, take care, and be smart while providing Safety-Assured Holidays to guests.
Strict Hygiene Protocols
- When entering the property, employees undergo a thorough cleaning and sanitation process, from hands to footwear
- The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is mandatory
- Staff is required to rigorously and frequently clean their hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser and antibacterial soap.
- Staff is required to practice physical distancing, keeping a minimum of 6ft from each other and guests
- Staff is required to respect specific sneeze and respiratory hygiene protocols
Prevention and Health Checks
- Their employees undergo health screenings and temperature checks before beginning their shifts
- Each employee is required to complete and sign a declaration of health before starting their shift
- Employees who exhibit symptoms of illness will be required to notify their supervisor and will be sent home and advised to self-quarantine until they are cleared to return to work
- All employees will receive comprehensive training on our Safety-Assured Holidays protocols, including training to identify flu or virus-like symptoms and follow a firm protocol to report cases to a medical official
- To ensure all team members stay healthy both at work and at home, they will be provided with ongoing specialised training on prevention and sanitation practices at home
CLEAN SUPPLIERS COMMITMENT
Safeguarding that their promise goes beyond their doors, they have put in place different agreements with their various suppliers and partners to ensure they operate following new regulations for the products or services which they provide.
- All suppliers are required to wear PPE while onsite in our facilities
- All suppliers are required to have temperature checks when entering through their doors
- All products received go through a triple disinfection process: upon arrival, in the storage room and before its distribution around the property
- Restricted delivery schedule to ensure limited physical contact
- Enforcing their highly strict hotel access protocols
- Sanitise all contact points including equipment, storage spaces, and access areas
Diamond Club™ & STAR Class™
Blue Diamond would like to take this opportunity to update you on temporary alterations to Diamond Club™ and STAR Class™ services at their Royalton and Planet Hollywood resorts.
To safeguard the health and safety of their employees and guests they are limiting guest- staff personal interactions and have introduced a new temporary 24-hour virtual butler/agent service through phone to their Diamond Club/STAR Class services. All Diamond Club/ STAR Class guests will be able to call the 24-hour virtual butler/agent for assistance with any of their traditionally provided butler/agent services. This new measure will be in place until the pandemic is under control with the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccine over the coming months. There will be a limited physical presence from their butler team to reduce physical interactions with guests.
In addition, their Diamond Club Lounge and STAR Class Green Room amenities are now providing food and beverage options that are following their enhanced safety protocols.
These changes are required to operate in accordance with national health regulations and to adhere to their own Safety-Assured Vacations programme to protect the well-being of their guests and employees. Any further modifications to their Diamond Club and STAR Class amenities will be shared as they become available.
Their Diamond Club and STAR Class inclusions continue to include the following elevated services and amenities: