MSC Cruises will preserve the uniqueness of the onboard experience while ensuring that the health and safety of guests and crew are protected. MSC Cruises will organise activities to ensure that guests can practice responsible social distancing. Guests will continue to enjoy unique experiences including award-winning shows, world-class dining, excursions, family activities, boutique shopping, beauty and fitness services, engaging events and much more.
RESTAURANT, BARS & LOUNGES
- Service will be adapted to respect social distancing: all meals and drinks will be served to guests at their table. At the buffet restaurant, self-service will be temporarily unavailable and the food will be plated and served to guests. For a contactless experience, guests will access restaurant and bar menus from their personal mobile device by scanning a QR code. To minimise risks, MSC Cruises has adapted the processes for ordering, preparing, delivering, consuming and paying for food and beverage services.
- It is recommended that guests go ashore with an MSC Cruises Shore Excursion, as they will follow the same high standards of health and safety as on board.
ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVITIES
- Newly designed activities with smaller group sizes will be introduced with themed events, fun games, kids and family activities, talent shows, fitness, dance and more. Theatre shows, activities and Kids Club will be available by reservation at no extra charge. Guests can browse the onboard programme digitally using MSC for Me* technologies and book their favourite activities by phone or in-person at dedicated desks. As the capacity of the theatre will be reduced to ensure social distancing, the entertainment schedule will be extended so all guests can still enjoy a great variety of award-winning shows.
OUTDOOR AREAS AND POOLS
- All open decks will be accessible and pools, whirlpool baths and the aquapark will be available with a reduced occupancy to ensure social distancing.
- Sunbeds will be separated to respect social distancing and sanitised after every use, with a deeper sanitation nightly.
GUEST SERVICES AND CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGIES
- A new onboard Information Centre will be available by phone and remote desks will be set up on embarkation day to manage in-person questions to avoid queues. Guests should always call before going to any desk for information. In addition, guests will be encouraged to use digital services to find information such as MSC for Me*.
- Cashless payments will be highly recommended.
*MSC for Me digital programme (mobile app, in-cabin TV, interactive screens) is available on MSC Meraviglia, MSC Bellissima, MSC Grandiosa, MSC Seaview, MSC Seaside and MSC Splendida.